The city of lights, the city of love, a city with everything. Want a weekend full of shopping, culture, romance? Paris has it all… And much, much more. Here, with the help of Crown Travel, we give you a definitive list of must-dos for your winter weekend away in gay Paree…
1. Hotel Costes for dinner. Sit in their beautiful courtyard and be watched over by Renaissance sculptures as you enjoy your garlic butter escargot. Located in the first arrondissement, it is a haven of all things opulent, decadent and truly delicious.
- Galeries Lafayette is the ultimate in French department stores. First opened in 1893, 10 floors of cutting edge designer clothing, perfume and a Parisian gourmet food market, Lafayette Gourmet, this beautiful Art Nouveau building is not to be missed.
- Colette houses everything you could want. From the latest designer wear to kids wear, a bookshop to an exhibition space, this store is unlike any youve seen before. Head to Colette to feel like a true, chic, effortless Parisian native.
- For meanswear, check out L Eclaireur on Rue de Sevigne . This unbelievably cool store even has a life size horse in the fitting rooms!
3. For hot chocolate like youve never experienced before head to either Angelina or Cafe de Flore. The creamy and luxurious comfort drink is perfect for a mid afternoon pick me up.
4. Laduree is THE place in Paris to get your macarons. From pistachio to raspberry, they have every flavour, made with the utmost care by their experts. No trip to Paris is complete without a trip to Laduree.
5. For all you lovers heading to the city of lights, a stop on the Pont des Arc is essential. Take a padlock, write your names on it, lock it onto the bridge and through the key into the Seine for everlasting love.
6. For beauty addicts: when strolling though the city, you;ll come across plenty of French pharmacies. Head in and grab a bottle Bioderma. Bioderma is the best in cleansers and make up removers and incredibly purse friendly when purchased in France. Stock up on your skins new best friend and thank us later!
7.If youre looking for art and one of kind peices, head up to Sacre Coeur (where you will find arguably the best views of Paris) and take a stroll through the Montmartre. Full of creatives and artists, this area is full of items you will never see again.
8. For cocktails, head over to the fabulously decadent Hotel Crillon, where some of the citys best barmen will serve you up every cocktail you could possibly conceive. After cocktails, head over to Le Cabaret (or Le Cab to locals) where you will struggle not to bump into fashion designers, models and the latest It girls. Also worth a visit is Club Silencio. American filmaker, David Lynch is the creator of this members only club which echoes his typical surrealist and mystical style. Open to the public from midnight.
9. If you want to keep your Saturday night a bit more low key, grab a baguette, a bottle of wine and head down to the Parc du Champ de Mars under the Eiffel Tower and watch the breathtaking light show, that leaves the Eiffel Tower glittering.